Movie theaters prepare to reopen after not being included in phase 4

first_imgUsing this time to make the necessary preparations to reopen, whenever that may be. “We were disappointed but we understand. We understand that safety is paramount and New York state has come so far, we certainly don’t want to backtrack,” said Cinema Saver owner Bruce Gregory. But last minute, they were given guidance from the state that they were not included in phase four of the reopening plan. While guidance has been limited, Cinema Saver is eager to press play. Gregory says he has been left in the dark as to why. Thursday through Sunday from 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Cinema Saver sells popcorn and slush puppies to-go, to help keep business alive while bringing the movie theater experience into your home. “Our HVAC service said that the air quality in here would be good enough to meet the guidelines, but I guess we want to err on the side of caution,” he said. “Ordering movies, getting ready, getting the whole place cleaned and disinfected, ordering stock, getting the staff off furlough and getting them ready to get back to work,” said Gregory.center_img “We don’t really want to spend that much money if we don’t know if we’re going to be able to open or not,” said Gregory. “All of the government agencies have been very quiet,” he said. “We are ready. We’re just waiting in limbo,” said Gregory. Upgrading HVAC filters and adding disinfecting UV lights would be a solution for many theaters, but a costly one. ENDICOTT (WBNG) — Movie theaters in New York were ready to open their doors last week. Gregory says a reason why movie theaters are staying closed could be because of air quality concerns.last_img read more

Read More »

Keane won’t walk from Ireland, yet

first_img “The time I’ll have off will be good for me to do that, but I will continue as long as I can.” Keane’s enthusiasm for international football has never been in any doubt, but even he has been invigorated by the arrival of new management duo O’Neill and Roy Keane. When the names of O’Neill, Keane and former boss Mick McCarthy were put to him last month – as the Football Association of Ireland continued its search for the right man – he indicated any of the three would fulfil his personal requirement of having, as he put it at the time, “b**** and the capacity not to take s*** from anybody”. Asked for his reaction to the appointments, he said: “Well, when we were here the last time, the three names that were mentioned, I didn’t think we would have two of them here, to be honest with you. “But it’s been great, obviously. I haven’t had the pleasure of working with Martin before. There has always been certainly, a lot of speculation over the years as a player, but for some reason, it’s just never happened. “I didn’t think I would get the opportunity again, but thankfully I have and as the gaffer said, the last few days has been very, very enjoyable. “Everybody has been on form and certainly looking forward to a new chapter in Irish football.” Much of the talk since the new management team was installed has centred around the elder Keane and his fearsome reputation, something he himself attempted to dispel during his own press conference on Wednesday. However, the current captain insists his relationship with one of his predecessors is fine. He said: “No problem, no problem at all. When I came into the squad first, I was a young player coming through and Roy was a player that everybody looked up at and respected. “For me coming in, he was always great. People tend to see the negative side, but when I came in, he was always great. Certainly me and Damien Duff, he would always speak to us. “People forget, Roy is actually a very funny guy when you actually sit down beside him and very charming. You can have a good chat with him no problem. “I have never had any problems with him. As I say when I came in first, he was great to me. You judge people how they treat you and he was always good to me.” Keane, who will lead his side into friendly battle with Latvia on Friday evening in Martin O’Neill’s first game as manager, said: “Listen, I want to play as long as I can. “But I’m not daft. I’m 33 years of age, so next time the Euros come around… “Ultimately it’s the manager’s choice. All I can do is keep playing well and keep scoring goals and if he sees that I can continue doing that, then there’s no problem. “But I don’t have any problems with people making decisions. If anybody feels that I can help them now until the Euros and there’s a situation coming around to the Euros where for some reason my legs are gone, then I’ll pack it in.” Keane is unlikely to seek a loan deal to a Barclays Premier League club during the MLS off-season as he nurses a long-standing Achilles injury, but confirmed that he is close to extending his stay in LA by signing a new deal. He said: “I haven’t signed it yet, but it is verbally agreed, two and possibly three years. I am excited about that, it shows you how much faith they have in me to give me that contract. “Usually when you hit the 30-mark, you get a one-year rolling contract to see how you are so it goes to show the faith they have in me to give me that contract. “I will play on as long as I feel healthy and fit. At the moment, I feel good. I have a few niggles which I have had in the past and I will look at that. Robbie Keane has admitted he will retire from international football as soon as his legs go. The 33-year-old striker is on the verge of signing a new contract which could keep him at Los Angeles Galaxy for another three years and has no intention of hanging up his boots just yet. However, while he is determined to add to his 130 senior caps and 61 goals to date, he will have no qualms about calling time on his Ireland career if he feels he can no longer contribute. Press Associationlast_img read more

Read More »