30 Chinese workers under quarantine in N. Sulawesi after returning from China

first_imgThirty workers employed by Chinese cement company PT Conch in Lolak district, Bolaang Mongondow regency, North Sulawesi, are being quarantined under the supervision of immigration officials after arriving from China last week as a preventative measure in the wake of the novel coronavirus outbreak that originated in Wuhan, China.Kotamobagu immigration office head Joni Rumagit said the workers would be isolated and examined for 14 days after their arrival. “According to procedure, they are prohibited from exiting their room or meeting other employees. All PT Conch employees also have to wear a mask,” Joni told The Jakarta Post. The workers were also sprayed with disinfectants when they arrived at PT Conch, Fahwanto said. “The officers [that sprayed the workers] were given protective clothing,” he said, adding that Conch provided a protective mask for the company’s other employees to prevent the spread of the virus.“PT Conch’s headquarters also doesn’t want [a coronavirus outbreak]. PT Conch is free of coronavirus so far, so the public doesn’t have to worry,” he added.According to Wahyu, there are currently 121 Chinese citizens working for the company.As of Monday morning, Indonesia had no confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus. (mfp) Topics : He said the workers had returned to Indonesia after celebrating the Lunar New Year in China. “Even though [Conch] is a foreign company, it has to abide by the rules here,” he said, emphasizing that the isolation and examination rules applied to everyone without exception.Bolaang Mongondouw health agency head Erman Paputungan said the department had performed a physical scan of the workers. “Their condition is normal so far, but we will keep monitoring them for the next 14 days,” he said.Conch representative Fahwanto Wahyu said that any employee who did not follow the rules during the quarantine would be severely punished.After arriving at Sam Ratulangi airport in Manado, they were given a health card to help medical workers track their physical condition during the isolation period.last_img read more

Read More »

Russian artist at center of French sex tape scandal held

first_imgToo hot to handle in his home country Russia, the gaunt looking Pavlensky, 35, fled to France where he has caused uproar by putting the sex video online which forced Griveaux to withdraw from the mayoral race.Griveaux, a 42-year-old MP, has brought a legal case against Pavlensky over the release of the video and an enquiry has been opened, the prosecutor said later Saturday.Pavlensky, an activist and performance artist, told AFP on Friday that he had put the video online in order to expose Griveaux’s “hypocrisy”, and warned that he planned to post more material on a newly-created “political porn platform”.Griveaux “is someone who constantly brings up family values, who says he wants to be the mayor of families and always cites his wife and children as an example. But he is doing the opposite,” Pavlensky told the Liberation daily. Controversial Russian artist Pyotr Pavlensky, who claims to have leaked a sex video of a prominent Paris politician, was arrested by French police on Saturday over an unrelated act of violence, the Paris prosecutor’s office said.The political refugee was taken in for questioning over an alleged instance of “armed violence” that took place on December 31.The prosecutor stressed that the case had no link to the sex video case involving French President Emmanuel Macron’s chosen candidate to become Paris mayor, Benjamin Griveaux. The artist has a track record of causing outrage.He made global headlines in 2013 after nailing his scrotum to Red Square in Moscow and two years later doused the doors of the FSB secret police headquarters with petrol and set them on fire.In October 2017, he set fire to offices of the Bank of France on Place Bastille, site of the attack on the infamous fortress at the start of the French revolution in 1789.The bank’s presence on such hallowed revolutionary ground was “historically shameful”, Pavlensky said.For that he was sentenced to three years’ jail, two suspended, for the destruction of other people’s property. His hardline stance and eye watering protests have elicited a mixed response among Russian opposition  groups.Some defend his actions as a form of engaged art but others such as late rights activist Lyudmila Alexeyeva were blunter, branding his actions “idiotic”.The December 31 incident, for which Pavlensky was arrested on Saturday, involved a fight at a Paris apartment in which a knife from the kitchen was used.Two guests at the New Year’s Eve party suffered knife wounds, according to the Mediapart investigative website.center_img Topics :last_img read more

Read More »